Brian H. Ross
Professor of Psychology
Address: 835 Psychology Bldg.
603 E. Daniel Street
Champaign, IL 61820
- Telephone: (217)333-8745
Cognitive psychology issues in learning, memory, problem solving and categorization. In particular: problem-solving and learning in complex domains, categorization, learning, and use of concepts. Remindings and the use of memory.
- Ph.D. from Stanford University
- Psychology 224 -- Introduction to Cognition
- Psychology 503 -- Concepts and Categories
- Psychology 523 -- Problem solving
- Mestre, Jose P., Jennifer Docktor, Natalie Strand, and Brian H. Ross. "Conceptual problem solving in physics. ." The psychology of learning and motivation, Vol. 55: Cognition in education. . Ed. Jose P. Mestre and Brian H. Ross. San Diego: Academic Press, 2011.
- Benjamin, Aaron S., and Brian H. Ross. "The causes and consequences of reminding. ." Successful remembering and successful forgetting: A Festschrift in honor of Robert A. Bjork. . Ed. Aaron S. Benjamin. New York: Psychology Press, 2010.
- Jones, Erin L. "Classification versus inference learning contrasted with real-world categories." Memory & Cognition 39 (2011): 764-777.
- Murphy, Gregory L., and Brian H. Ross. "Uncertainty in category-based induction: When do people integrate across categories? ." Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition 36 (2010): 263-276.
The Psychology Department is very pleased to announce that an all-gender, ADA accessible, family-friendly restroom has been built on the first floor next to the elevators. The department partnered with F&S to construct this new restroom, which is now available to use. Please note that there is an indicator on the door showing whether the restroom is available or in use. Be sure to lock the door while using the restroom, and unlock the door before leaving.