Assistant Professor of Psychology
Address: 513 Psychology Bldg.
603 E. Daniel Street
Champaign, IL 61820
- Telephone: 217-244-7873
- ingestive behaviors, animal models of eating disorders, neurobiology of energy metabolism
- polydrug use and behavior
Ingestive behaviors are fundamental to survival and reproduction. Multiple factors contribute to aberrant eating behaviors and the resulting obesity or eating disorders, and drug dependence. My overall research program is aimed at identifying the underlying mechanisms of reward and motivation. Our current focus are aberrant eating behaviors, animal models of alcohol and cannabis co-exposure, and how various factors (e.g. exercise) contribute to clinical disorders and diseases of ingestive behaviors.
- Ph.D. from the Pennsylvania State University
- Postdoctoral training at the Johns Hopkins University
- PSYC 210 Behavioral Neuroscience
- PSYC 417 Neurosci of Eating & Drinking
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Nicholas T. Bello, and Timothy T. Moran. "Wheel running reduces high-fat diet intake, preference and mu-opioid agonist stimulated intake." Behavioural Brain Research (2015):
- Treesukosol, Yada, Bo Sun, Alexander Moghadam, Nu-Chu Liang, Kellie L. Tamashiro, and Timothy H. Moran. "Maternal high-fat diet during pregnancy and lactation reduces the appetitive behavioral component in female offspring tested in a brief-access taste procedure.." Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 306 (2014):
- Yang, Yan, Alexander A. Moghadam, Zachary A. Cordner, Nu-Chu Liang, and Timothy H. Moran. "Long term exendin-4 treatment reduces food intake and body weight and alters expression of brain homeostatic and reward markers." Endocrinology 155 (2014):
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Megan E. Smith, and Timothy H. Moran. "Food avoidance and acceptance learning with different stressors in female rats." Neuroscience 235 (2013): 149-58.
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Nicholas T. Bello, and Timothy H. Moran. "Additive feeding inhibitory and aversive effects of naltrexone and exendin-4 combinations." International Journal of Obesity 37.2 (2013): 272-8.
- Sun, Bo, Nu-Chu Liang, Erin R. Ewald, Ryan H. Purcell, Gretha J. Boersma, J. Yan, Timothy H. Moran, and Kellie L. Tamashiro. "Early postweaning exercise improves central leptin sensitivity in offspring of rat dams fed high-fat diet during pregnancy and lactation. ." Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 305.9 (2013):
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Patricia S. Grigson, and Ralph Norgren. "Pontine and thalamic on fluid rewards: III. anticipatory contrast for sucrose and corn oil." Physiology & Behavior 105.2 (2012): 595-606.
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Patricia S. Grigson, and Ralph Norgren. "Pontine and thalamic influences on fluid rewards: II. sucrose and corn oil conditioned aversions." Physiology & Behavior 105.2 (2012): 589-594.
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Christopher S. Freet, Patricia S. Grigson, and Ralph Norgren. "Pontine and thalamic influences on fluid rewards: I. operant responding for sucrose and corn oil." Physiology & Behavior 105.2 (2012): 576-588.
- Liang, Nu-Chu, Nicholas T. Bello, and Timothy H. Moran. "Experience with activity based anorexia enhances conditioned taste aversion learning in rats." Physiology & Behavior 102 (2011): 51-57.
- Bello, Nicholas T., and Nu-Chu Liang. "The use of serotonergic drugs to treat obesity – is there any hope? ." Drug Des Devel Ther. 5 (2011): 95-109.
Click on the title to check out these pictures from the classroom remodeling project in the basement. A second project to replace the elevators will begin in September. Beginning with the freight elevator, each elevator will be out of service for three months. To get quickly from one floor to another, and improve your fitness, we will encourage the use of the stairs. The repainting of the northeast stairwell has been completed, and the painter is starting on the southwest stairwell.