I am a second-year PhD student in the Cognitive Neuroscience Division, working under the supervision of Dr. Florin Dolcos at the Social, Cognitive, Personality, and Emotional (SCoPE) Neuroscience Lab. I received a BA in Psychology from Berea College in 2013.
- Social and Affective Neuroscience (social cognition, nonverbal behavior, culture, aging)
- Cognitive Neuroscience (functional network dynamics of the human brain)
- Virtual reality
My main research interests lie in the area of social neuroscience with an emphasis on the neural substrates of affective-cognitive interactions in social contexts. I am particularly interested in examining the neural circuitry associated with (1) the processing of emotional information as social cues that influence one’s decision-making about self and others, (2) the regulation of one’s emotion in response to others’ affective expressions, and (3) the individual differences related to age, culture, and clinical conditions (e.g., brain lesions, psychiatric disorders) as factors that may differentially affect these components of social behavior.
- M.A. in Psychology, University of Illinois, 2015
- B.A. in Psychology (summa cum laude), Berea College, 2013
- PSYC100: Introductory Psychology (Fall 2015)
- PSYC407: Statistical Methods II (Spring 2015)
- PSYC406: Statistical Methods I (Fall 2014)
- Dolcos, Sanda, Yuta Katsumi, and Roger A. Dixon. "The role of arousal in the spontaneous regulation of emotions in healthy aging: a fMRI investigation." Frontiers in Psychology - Emotion Science 5.681 (2014): <http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00681/>.
Click on the title to check out these pictures from the classroom remodeling project in the basement. A second project to replace the elevators will begin in September. Beginning with the freight elevator, each elevator will be out of service for three months. To get quickly from one floor to another, and improve your fitness, we will encourage the use of the stairs. The repainting of the northeast stairwell has been completed, and the painter is starting on the southwest stairwell.