Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Developmental social neuroscience
- Adolescent development
- Family relationships
- Cultural socialization
- Intergroup relationships across development
- Developmental psychopathology
- Risk taking and decision making in adolescence
- Affective neuroscience
- Emotion regulation
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- Psych 216: Introduction to Child Development
- Psych 496: Adolescent Development
- Psych 320: The Teenage Years
- Psych 593: Developmental Social Neuroscience
- Tsai, Kim, Eva H. Telzer, Nancy Gonzales, and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Adolescents' daily assistance to the family in response to maternal need." Journal of Marriage and Family 75 (2013): 964-980.
- Fuligni, Andrew J., and Eva H. Telzer. "Another way the family can get in the head and under the skin: The neurobiology of family assistance." Perspectives in Child Development 7 (2013): 138-142.
- Tsai, Kim, Eva H. Telzer, and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Change and stability in parent-child relationships across the transition to adulthood." Child Development 84 (2013): 471-484.
- Telzer, Eva H., Jessica Flannery, Mor Shapiro, Katherine L. Humphreys, Bonnie Goff, Laurel Gabard-Durman, Dylan D. Gee, and Nim Tottenham. "Early experience shapes amygdala sensitivity to race: An international adoption design." Journal of Neuroscience 33 (2013): 13484-13488.
- Telzer, Eva H., Nancy Gonzales, and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Family obligation values and family assistance behaviors: Protective and risk factors for adolescent substance use." Journal of Youth and Adolescence (2013):
- Olsavsky, Aviva K., Eva H. Telzer, Mor Shapiro, Katheryn L. Humphreys, Bonnie Goff, and Nim Tottenham. "Indiscriminate amygdala response to mothers and strangers following early maternal deprivation." Biological Psychiatry (2013):
- Telzer, E H., A J. Fuligni, M D. Lieberman, and A Galvan. "Meaningful family relationships: Neurocognitive buffers of adolescent risk taking." Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 25 (2013): 374-387.
- Goldenberg*, Diane, Eva H. Telzer*, Andrew J. Fuligni, Matthew D. Lieberman, and Adriana Galvan. "Neural mechanisms of impulse control in sexually risky adolescents." Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience 6 (2013): 23-29 *denotes equal author contribution.
- Telzer, Eva H., and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Positive daily family interactions eliminate gender differences in internalizing symptoms during adolescence." Journal of Youth and Adolescence 42 (2013): 1498-1511.
- Telzer, Eva H., Andrew J. Fuligni, Matthew D. Lieberman, and Adriana Galvan. "The effects of poor quality sleep on brain function during risk taking in adolescence." NeuroImage 71 (2013): 275-283.
- Tottenham, N, M Shapiro, E H. Telzer, and K Humphreys. "Amygdala response to mother." Developmental Science 15 (2012): 307-315.
- Telzer, E H., K Humphreys, M Shapiro, and N Tottenham. "Amygdala sensitivity to race is not present in childhood but emerges in adolescence." Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience (2012):
- Tsai, K, E H. Telzer, and A J. Fuligni. "Change and stability in parent-child relationships across the transition to adulthood." Child Development (2012):
- Masten, C L., E H. Telzer, A J. Fuligni, M D. Lieberman, and N I. Eisenberger. "Time spent with friends in adolescence relates to less neural sensitivity to later peer rejection." Social, Cognitive, Affective Neuroscience 7 (2012): 106-114.
- Telzer, E H., A J. Fuligni, M D. Lieberman, and A Galvan. "Ventral striatum activation to prosocial rewards predicts longitudinal declines in adolescent risk taking." Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience 3 (2012): 45-52.
- Masten, C L., E H. Telzer, and N I. Eisenberger. "An fMRI investigation of attributing negative social treatment to racial discrimination." Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 23 (2011): 1042-1051.
- Telzer, E H. "Expanding the acculturation gap-distress model: An integrative review of research." Human Development 53 (2011): 313-340.
- Telzer, E H., C L. Masten, E T. Berkamn, M D. Lieberman, and A J. Fuligni. "Neural regions involved in self-control and mentalizing are recruited during prosocial decisions towards the family." NeuroImage 58 (2011): 242-249.
- Telzer, E H., C L. Masten, E T. Berkman, M D. Lieberman, and A J. Fuligni. "Gaining while giving: An fMRI study of the rewards of family assistance among White and Latino youth." Social Neuroscience 5 (2010): 508-518.
- Telzer, E H., and A J. Fuligni. "A longitudinal daily diary study of family assistance and academic achievement among adolescents from Mexican, Chinese, and European backgrounds." Journal of Youth and Adolescence 38 (2009): 560-571.
- Fuligni, A J., E H. Telzer, S W. Cole, J Bower, L Kiang, and M Irwin. "A preliminary study of daily interpersonal stress and C-Reactive Protein levels among adolescents from Latin American and European backgrounds." Psychosomatic Medicine 71 (2009): 1-5.
- Fuligni, A J., E H. Telzer, J Bower, M Irwin, L Kiang, and S W. Cole. "Daily family assistance and inflammation among adolescents from Latin American and European backgrounds." Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 23 (2009): 803-809.
- Telzer, E H., and A J. Fuligni. "Daily family assistance and the psychological well being of adolescents from Latin American, Asian, and European backgrounds." Developmental Psychology 45 (2009): 1177-1189.
- Telzer, E H., and H A. Vazquez-Garcia. "Skin color and self perceptions of immigrant and U.S. born Latinas: The moderating role of racial socialization and ethnic identity." Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences 31 (2009): 357-374.
- Telzer, E H., K Mogg, B Bradley, X Mai, M Ernst, D Pine, and C S. Monk. "Relationship between trait anxiety, prefrontal cortex, and attention bias to angry faces in children and adolescents." Biological Psychology 79 (2008): 216-222.
The storm at the beginning of June caused a large amount of water to get beneath the new roof membrane. Unfortunately this means that the new roof has to be removed an replaced. The re-roofing has begun. The north and west sides are done, and the roofing crew is working on the south and east sides. When the re-roofing is complete, then some flashing and waterproofing work are needed to complete the project. We hope the entire roof project will be done by October 1.