Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Developmental social neuroscience
- Adolescent development
- Family relationships
- Cultural socialization
- Intergroup relationships across development
- Developmental psychopathology
- Risk taking and decision making in adolescence
- Affective neuroscience
- Emotion regulation
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- Psych 216: Introduction to Child Development
- Psych 496: Adolescent Development
- Psych 320: The Teenage Years
- Psych 593: Developmental Social Neuroscience
- Tsai, Kim, Eva H. Telzer, Nancy Gonzales, and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Adolescents' daily assistance to the family in response to maternal need." Journal of Marriage and Family 75 (2013): 964-980.
- Fuligni, Andrew J., and Eva H. Telzer. "Another way the family can get in the head and under the skin: The neurobiology of family assistance." Perspectives in Child Development 7 (2013): 138-142.
- Tsai, Kim, Eva H. Telzer, and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Change and stability in parent-child relationships across the transition to adulthood." Child Development 84 (2013): 471-484.
- Telzer, Eva H., Jessica Flannery, Mor Shapiro, Katherine L. Humphreys, Bonnie Goff, Laurel Gabard-Durman, Dylan D. Gee, and Nim Tottenham. "Early experience shapes amygdala sensitivity to race: An international adoption design." Journal of Neuroscience 33 (2013): 13484-13488.
- Telzer, Eva H., Nancy Gonzales, and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Family obligation values and family assistance behaviors: Protective and risk factors for adolescent substance use." Journal of Youth and Adolescence (2013):
- Olsavsky, Aviva K., Eva H. Telzer, Mor Shapiro, Katheryn L. Humphreys, Bonnie Goff, and Nim Tottenham. "Indiscriminate amygdala response to mothers and strangers following early maternal deprivation." Biological Psychiatry (2013):
- Telzer, E H., A J. Fuligni, M D. Lieberman, and A Galvan. "Meaningful family relationships: Neurocognitive buffers of adolescent risk taking." Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 25 (2013): 374-387.
- Goldenberg*, Diane, Eva H. Telzer*, Andrew J. Fuligni, Matthew D. Lieberman, and Adriana Galvan. "Neural mechanisms of impulse control in sexually risky adolescents." Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience 6 (2013): 23-29 *denotes equal author contribution.
- Telzer, Eva H., and Andrew J. Fuligni. "Positive daily family interactions eliminate gender differences in internalizing symptoms during adolescence." Journal of Youth and Adolescence 42 (2013): 1498-1511.
- Telzer, Eva H., Andrew J. Fuligni, Matthew D. Lieberman, and Adriana Galvan. "The effects of poor quality sleep on brain function during risk taking in adolescence." NeuroImage 71 (2013): 275-283.
- Tottenham, N, M Shapiro, E H. Telzer, and K Humphreys. "Amygdala response to mother." Developmental Science 15 (2012): 307-315.
- Telzer, E H., K Humphreys, M Shapiro, and N Tottenham. "Amygdala sensitivity to race is not present in childhood but emerges in adolescence." Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience (2012):
- Tsai, K, E H. Telzer, and A J. Fuligni. "Change and stability in parent-child relationships across the transition to adulthood." Child Development (2012):
- Masten, C L., E H. Telzer, A J. Fuligni, M D. Lieberman, and N I. Eisenberger. "Time spent with friends in adolescence relates to less neural sensitivity to later peer rejection." Social, Cognitive, Affective Neuroscience 7 (2012): 106-114.
- Telzer, E H., A J. Fuligni, M D. Lieberman, and A Galvan. "Ventral striatum activation to prosocial rewards predicts longitudinal declines in adolescent risk taking." Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience 3 (2012): 45-52.
- Masten, C L., E H. Telzer, and N I. Eisenberger. "An fMRI investigation of attributing negative social treatment to racial discrimination." Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 23 (2011): 1042-1051.
- Telzer, E H. "Expanding the acculturation gap-distress model: An integrative review of research." Human Development 53 (2011): 313-340.
- Telzer, E H., C L. Masten, E T. Berkamn, M D. Lieberman, and A J. Fuligni. "Neural regions involved in self-control and mentalizing are recruited during prosocial decisions towards the family." NeuroImage 58 (2011): 242-249.
- Telzer, E H., C L. Masten, E T. Berkman, M D. Lieberman, and A J. Fuligni. "Gaining while giving: An fMRI study of the rewards of family assistance among White and Latino youth." Social Neuroscience 5 (2010): 508-518.
- Telzer, E H., and A J. Fuligni. "A longitudinal daily diary study of family assistance and academic achievement among adolescents from Mexican, Chinese, and European backgrounds." Journal of Youth and Adolescence 38 (2009): 560-571.
- Fuligni, A J., E H. Telzer, S W. Cole, J Bower, L Kiang, and M Irwin. "A preliminary study of daily interpersonal stress and C-Reactive Protein levels among adolescents from Latin American and European backgrounds." Psychosomatic Medicine 71 (2009): 1-5.
- Fuligni, A J., E H. Telzer, J Bower, M Irwin, L Kiang, and S W. Cole. "Daily family assistance and inflammation among adolescents from Latin American and European backgrounds." Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 23 (2009): 803-809.
- Telzer, E H., and A J. Fuligni. "Daily family assistance and the psychological well being of adolescents from Latin American, Asian, and European backgrounds." Developmental Psychology 45 (2009): 1177-1189.
- Telzer, E H., and H A. Vazquez-Garcia. "Skin color and self perceptions of immigrant and U.S. born Latinas: The moderating role of racial socialization and ethnic identity." Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences 31 (2009): 357-374.
- Telzer, E H., K Mogg, B Bradley, X Mai, M Ernst, D Pine, and C S. Monk. "Relationship between trait anxiety, prefrontal cortex, and attention bias to angry faces in children and adolescents." Biological Psychology 79 (2008): 216-222.
The project to reroof the Psychology Building is moving forward with the installation of the new skylights. The ATRIUM has been closed while these are being installed, and will be closed for a week afterward so it can be thoroughly cleaned. We hope that the Atrium will be reopened on Monday, June 22.