Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
Address: 414 Psychology Bldg
603 East Daniel Street
Champaign, IL 61820
- Social cognition, attitudes, and ideologies
- Stereotyping, prejudice, & discrimination
- Social psychology of law and legal decision-making
My research examines the social-psychological foundations of prejudice, discrimination, and inequality, particularly as they interact with the law. My research questions include: 1) How do normal human imperfections in perception, memory, and information processing affect the implementation of the law? 2) How do intersecting social identities affect people’s lived experience of the law? 3) In what ways does the law successfully address social injustices related to inequality and discrimination? In what ways does the law fail?
- Ph.D., Psychology, University of Minnesota
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School
- PSYC 468/LAW 792-FF (Psychology and Law)
- PSYC 207 (Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination)
Click on the title to check out these pictures from the classroom remodeling project in the basement. A second project to replace the elevators will begin in September. Beginning with the freight elevator, each elevator will be out of service for three months. To get quickly from one floor to another, and improve your fitness, we will encourage the use of the stairs. The repainting of the northeast stairwell has been completed, and the painter is starting on the southwest stairwell.