Share Your Story
Undergraduate psychology students would like to know how you use your Psychology major in your current field/job/career. Here's an opportunity to share your story with current undergraduate students.
|Dr. Bradley Axelrod: Neuropsychologist, Department of Veteran Affairs|
|Fabian Camarena: Certified Public Accountant, Director of Finance for Fortune 50 insurance company|
|Tynisa Gaines: Private tax practice|
|Ryan Graff: Vice President of Program Devleopment & Participant Opportunities, The First Tee|
|Dr. W. Rodney Hammond: (Retired) Director of the Division of Violence Prevention (National Center for Injury Prevention, Centers for Disease Control)|
|Lauren Hays: Human Resources Director, Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center|
|Erica Hornthal: Owner, Chicago Dance Therapy|
|Dr. Anna Kokayeff: Physician in private practice|
|Michael Langendorf: (Retired) Social Worker|
|Brian Lazzaro: Nationally Certified School Psychologist|
|Brad Perlstein: Vice President of Human Resources, Komatsu|
|Keri Carter Pipkins: Associate Director, The Career Center, University of Illinois|
|Nicole Shields: School Social Worker, Pre-K-5th, Paxton-Buckley-Loda School District 10|
|Dr. Allen Shub: Professor Emeritus of Management, and Retired Associate Provost, Northeastern Illinois University|
|The Honorable Jill-Ellyn Straus: District Court Judge, 17th Judicial District of Colorado|
|Dr. Stephan Wiet: Research Director of Consumer Sciences, McNeil Consumer Healthcare (over the counter pharmaceutical arm of Johnson & Johnson)|
Please use the following question template to share your story.
While you were at the University of Illinois:
* How/why did you choose Psychology as a major?
* What specific skills did you develop by taking Psychology courses?
* Outside the classroom, what opportunities/experiences were most beneficial?
* Did you believe that you “had to” obtain more schooling after your bachelor’s degree?
* In retrospect, what would you have done differently as an undergraduate?
After graduating from Illinois:
* If your bachelor’s degree was the highest degree you earned, describe the first job(s) you held.
* If you continued more schooling after your bachelor’s degree, share your reasons.
* Describe how you utilize your undergraduate Psychology skills in your current job/career.
* What pearls of wisdom can you offer to current undergraduate students?
Feel free to cut/paste your responses and e-mail them (along with a picture if you like) to Cheryl Berger, Assistant Head for Alumni Relations - email@example.com.
Comments or concerns about the Alumni web pages can be addressed to Cheryl Berger, Assistant Head for Alumni Affairs, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org