Diversity Recruitment Grants
DRIVE will award Recruitment Grants to support departmental and college efforts to develop, implement, and sustain effective diversity recruitment plans. DRIVE strongly encourages departments and colleges to include innovative recruitment initiatives in their grant proposals. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following types of initiatives:
- Hosting scholars to present research at the Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Sending faculty to conferences or other scholarly events for the purpose of “scouting” faculty talent.
- Co-sponsoring conferences or other events with academic or professional groups of traditionally underrepresented faculty in related disciplines.
- Establishing short-term departmental “scholars in residence” programs.
- Bringing entry-level scholars to campus for workshops that prepare them for the academic job market.
- Institutionalizing the values of diversity by providing faculty and staff with education and training and/or initiatives to improve retention and campus climate
DRIVE is willing to award Recruitment Grants for these and other compelling diversity recruitment initiatives.
Click on the title to check out these pictures from the classroom remodeling project in the basement. A second project to replace the elevators will begin in September. Beginning with the freight elevator, each elevator will be out of service for three months. To get quickly from one floor to another, and improve your fitness, we will encourage the use of the stairs. The repainting of the northeast stairwell has been completed, and the painter is starting on the southwest stairwell.
Content Coming Soon
Content will be added soon