Share Your Story
Undergraduate psychology students would like to know how you use your Psychology major in your current field/job/career. Here's an opportunity to share your story with current undergraduate students.
Please use the following question template to share your story.
While you were at the University of Illinois:
* How/why did you choose Psychology as a major?
* What specific skills did you develop by taking Psychology courses?
* Outside the classroom, what opportunities/experiences were most beneficial?
* Did you believe that you “had to” obtain more schooling after your bachelor’s degree?
* In retrospect, what would you have done differently as an undergraduate?
After graduating from Illinois:
* If your bachelor’s degree was the highest degree you earned, describe the first job(s) you held.
* If you continued more schooling after your bachelor’s degree, share your reasons.
* Describe how you utilize your undergraduate Psychology skills in your current job/career.
* What pearls of wisdom can you offer to current undergraduate students?
Feel free to cut/paste your responses and e-mail them (along with a picture if you like) to Cheryl Berger, Assistant Head for Alumni Relations - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments or concerns about the Alumni web pages can be addressed to Cheryl Berger, Assistant Head for Alumni Affairs, by e-mail to email@example.com
Dr. Elizabeth Pieroth (BS'88) was one of five alumni selected to receive the 2016 LAS Alumni Achievement Award.
The Undergraduate Career Exploration Award was created by the Psychology Alumni Advisory Board. Read about the three recipients in the 2015 Fall issue of Psychology Times: http://www.psychology.illinois.edu/alumni/news/newsletter/